Titre du Projet : CHP/HIV FREE
- Duration of implementation: 04 Years
Project Description: Develop, Implement, and Sustain High Quality Comprehensive HIV Cascade Activities for Children, Adolescents, and Adults in Facility and Community Based Settings in the Western Zone (Zone 1) of Cameroon under the President`s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
- Implementation partners: CBCHB, Health Districts (HD), Health Facilities, CBOs
- Coverage area:
- West Region, 14 Health Districts (Dschang, Bafang, Bagante, Santchou, Mifi, Bandjoun, Foumbot, Foumban, Massangam, Bangourain, Malentouen, Magba, Mbouda, Galim)
- South West Region: 3 HD (Kumba North, Kumba South, Muyuka)
Strategies: In line with PEPFAR’s mission to support the control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Cameroon and consistent with the Cameroon national strategic plan for the fight against HIV/AIDS, CHP has received the mandate from CBCHB to implement the following activities:
- Support community mobilization for targeted HIV testing, the active search and linkage of people who test HIV positive from the communities and privately run health facilities to the nearest approved HIV Care and Treatment Units in the fourteen health districts in the West Region.
- Support the active search, identification and linkage of pregnant women in the communities who have not started ANC services to the nearest project supported sites for appropriate ANC and PMTCT services.
- Expected results:
- Service delivery Area 1: Community testing and linkage of positive cases to care and treatment
- Promote HIV screening through the above strategies, identify and link 1680 HIV+ clients for effective ART initiation per year (140 per month: SW=70 and West=70).
- Use the social screening criteria, the screening tool to carry out targeted community screening in high-risk areas and link cases screened positive to project sites for appropriate testing and ART initiation.
- Mobilize the community to prevent HIV infection as an integral part of the community activities and link HIV exposed individuals to the nearest testing services.
- Follow-up to achieve at least 98% ART initiation for all those linked.
- Number of HIV positive identified from informal facilities and communities, per facility and per month
- Number and % of HIV positives identified and started on ART/month and per site
- Service delivery Area 1: Active search and linkage of pregnant women who have not started ANC by about six months of pregnancy to ANC1 services.
- Actively search for unauthorized clinics that consult pregnant women and support them to link the pregnant women for appropriate ANC/PMTCT services.
- Work with community CHWs and members of health area dialogue structures to identify in the communities’ pregnant women who have not yet started ANC by about six months of pregnancy and link them for appropriate services in the selected project health facilities.
- Identify and link a total 1200 pregnant women for ANC in the quarter (100 per month for SW region).
- Number of pregnant women identified from informal facilities and communities, per facility and per month
- Number and % of pregnant women identified and linked who were tested for HIV,
- Number who tested HIV positive,
- Number positive initiated on ART/month and per site
Funding : CBCHB/ PEPFAR